Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rebirth

In about 2005, Mommy and I made a new garden. We got Thomas to help us till it and we planted. We planted Gladiolus, Phlox, Irises, Hollyhocks, Day Lilies, and my favorite, a Pinata Climbing Rose. We were so proud. About 2 years ago I put a brick border and planted a bulbous border Monkey Grass-like plant. In recent years, however, everything has grown up and weeds have consumed that garden. Today I gave it a rebirth. I weeded the heck out of it, carefully dug up all of the plants that were still alive and relocated them temporarily (to pots). Phase one is complete and I can begin planting tomorrow. One of my least favorite things about that garden before it that everything was too tall. This time around I am going to have 3 larger focal plants at the back of the garden and shorter plants around them and near the front. I did not relocate my pinata rose and I moved my day lilies to the back. I am also thinking about adding a pink Hydrangea but I know how big those can get so I doubt it will happen. Anyway, and all aroung I will have 3 different colors of Hyacinth. Hopefully I can keep up the garden better this go around. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment