Ladies and Gents, summer is upon us.
EEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. (squealing tires as they stop noise)
Back up.
Friday night, a day and about a half after school let out, my Big Brother, Thomas "Tommy Boy" Dane, GRADUATED!!!!! Good job Tommy! I was a proud little sister who shed a small tear and wished my mommy was physically there to witness it. I knew she was there but it isn’t the same. Our section of family cheered him on as 7th in his class of 349. I was in the band, but you get the picture. Next year he will head off to Texas A&M and be in the corp and the Fighting Aggie Band. I will have the house to myself! Woo!! (Well plus Dad but, ya know, the only kid!)
The next morning I took the SAT and it was terrible. My brain hurt and I was super duper tired and I Just was not in the Test Taking Mode. It was summer for crying out loud! I thought I did pretty darn well but I also realized waaaaay later as I was reading a blog that I misspelled "instance" on my essay. I thought it looked really wrong when I wrote it but I was in a time crunch and I didn't have much time left. FAIL-O-LA! :(
Shortly after I had got home and missed lunch at my Memaw's with ALL of the family (which is a rarity since everyone except me is in college now) I went to my cousin Ginny's in-law's house and hung out with her and Angela at their Ah-mazing pool!!! I had a super duper blast, learned how to dive* and got a bit of a sunburn! I put on sunscreen multiple times but each time I missed a circle about 5 inches in diameter on the back of my shoulder--odd. Anyway, I had sooooooooo much fun!!!!!
Later that night we went to my cousin, Dustin’s graduation. Have I mentioned that 5 cousins on one side of my family graduated this year? No? Well, it happened. It just so happened that all cousins were born 4 years apart, except me, I was 2 years. Angela +4 years, Ginny +4 years, Aron +4 years, Dustin +21 days, Austin +5 days, Thomas +2 years, ME! No surprise there! When graduation time comes we’ll have some problems! Amazingly and by the Grace of God every single graduation was on a different day. Our grandparents were so afraid they would miss someone’s or have to send one grandparent to each graduation. I bet they felt lucky about that. ;)
So, summer has officially been in session for 2 days and I am bored senseless. Can you believe it!? I have never looked forward to a summer as much as this one in my life and I am bored ALREADY?! This is amplified by the things I can’t find and the trapped, no license, bit. Did I mention I lost my fancy expensive Fiskars craft scissors? Well, I did, and this losing-things business isn’t working so well for Grace. Siiiiigh.
In the mean time, I have made the most adorable apron ever! (Pictures to come, I promise.), I have read blog archives, and I have set up my summer clarinet lessons! Woo! I seriously need to find something to do until my job starts. Suggestions!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I have had the same meal of pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner over a 3 day period. I have a feeling this will be a looong and lonely summer. Mehhhhh. Hopefully, my dear friend, Beth, will come visit me this week and we will watch the greatest 8 episodes of Heaven on Earth!
Someone relieve me of my Boredom! I beg of you!
*I have allllllways wanted to learn how to dive. Mommy tried to teach me but I never really got it. Anyway, I, with the help of Angela, learned somewhat how to dive. However, this came with a few injuries. One time I broke the water with my nose, not my hands which led to this really odd pain in my jaw where it hurt to open on one side. Another I absolutely belly flopped and couldn't stop laughing because it hurt so badly. I know, that doesn't really make a lot of sense. The last time I dived well according to my coaches but I hyper-extended my back. Can you say OW?! I sure did. I was still proud of myself at the end of the day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment