Saturday, June 25, 2011

Charges of Withholding Information

As most of you know, I am planning on getting a hardship license. I don't know if I've explained before why I'm getting it two months early, but I will be busy with school or band every hour the DPS office will be open for about 4-5 more months. My options are get it 2 months early or get it in 6-7 months. That is not an option considering that Thomas, my ride, will be in a different city.

I knew that the process isn't as easy as getting a regular license, but if you have reason to need it (job, school, what have you) it is relatively easy....that is if you have all of the right information. My father and I have called their office THREE times to ask what papers we need and what we need to present to them yet each time they neglect to mention some of the most important papers, like oh say, the APPLICATION?! If this is your job to mention these things, then why oh why would they forget to tell us THREE TIMES? Then, after the 3rd call, we think we have everything ready to present to the wonderful DPS office workers and after waiting for 40minutes in line we get there and they ask for more papers that they NEVER EVER EVER TOLD US ABOUT!!!! How on God's green earth were we ever supposed to know to present these things after 3 phone calls and no mention of it on any paper or list-which was never provided. Now, we are in a crunch for time because I now have to get more of the papers they want only for what? For us to come back, wait 40 more minutes, and for them to tell us, "Ok, now you must give us these never-before-mentioned papers! Where are those, hmmmm???"

Not only that problem, but I have to be present to make my appointment for a driving test. It can't be done over the phone or, mind you, in advance! What kind of appointment is not made in advance?!?!?!?! This wouldn't be so much of a problem except that, oh yeah!, it is!! I have summer school at 8. They open at 8. How am I supposed to be there? I have no clones or twins that I'm aware of. I could go at 1:30 and make my appointment, however all the spots are already filled! That's precisely why they want you there at 8! Go figure. What geniuses.

I know I've been ranting a little bit too much lately. I apologise.
On a brighter note, my Flip video is working again (I think I made mention that it too had stopped working).

Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. We had a similar problem at the DMV here. We went to get Matt's driver's permit - took the form, the cash, and his official ID (that we previously had to have SSN and Birth Certificate for). Took a number and waited. When called and presented said documents, we were told that we needed the ssn and bc again! "But this is the ID, from here, that we provided that info for - registered in YOUR system." We still need it. "What's your phone number? I tried to call to see what we needed, but couldn't find the number." We're not listed! - makes perfect sense: why would you want to give anyone useful info before hand?!

    ReplyDelete