Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No Fault of Mine!

Boy am I wrong...

I have come to a realization, not for the first time. In fact, it is a re-realization.
I have re-realized that whenever a problem arises, be it minor or major, I always look for the fault in others because there is no possible way that it could me my fault! Right? NO!!!

I am slightly afraid that this could be a fatal flaw of mine. Mrs. Marla 'The Pirate' Christian has even told me on occasion, to step back and think about a situation and ask "What did I do wrong?" And, of course, it is the height of hubris to say "Nothing!"

As it happens, every trial and tribulation I have experienced of late is, upon reflection, as a direct result of MY actions. It always sends me into some serious thinking on how I have caused my own problems and have done little in the way of repairing them.

And as another friend of mine tells me quite often, "Get over yourself!"

When will it be that I can start taking responsibility immediately, not waiting and blaming others, but knowing 100% what my actions will cause? The completely honest answer is never, unless I am psychic, which I am not. It is also that I can at least predict results enough to determine if the ramifications will result positively or negatively.

I need guidance from anyone with more than my measly 15 years.

This also will come with perseverance. When will I be able to make this a habit of considering my actions over others? This is one of those things that takes some honest to goodness conscience effort to make happen.

I need to make some apologies. I need to eat a slice of humble pie and quit the game of blaming!

If any of you have any good Bible verses that apply, feel free to leave them in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment