Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Numbness

So, today was delightful. NOT.

It started even earlier than normal when I had to get up at 7!! Today, the band played at Convocation for the teachers of the district and then took the pictures. Band picture day is one of the most dreaded days of the year. You have to stand at attention F O R E V E R with that delightful sun in our eyes while wearing a wool long sleeve jacket and pants and a hat with a big bird on top. Blech! Then you proceed to class and event pictures, done in the bleachers, still with the sun... Joy...

I went home, had an egg roll, took a nap and then had a big dentist appointment. It lasted an hour. An entire hour of holding my mouth wide open breathing through my nose and making extra sure I don't watch what's going on. I have NEVER been able to watch what they are doing without getting sick or freaked out. This way I can focus on breathing correctly so I don't gag and swallow one of their mirrors on a stick. They also numbed the upper and lower jaw of my right side and couldn't talk or do anything correctly for at least 3 hours. I kept biting my tongue too which didn't hurt at all while i was doing it but hurts now that I can feel it. :(

Now I am eating dinner and watching Gilmore Girls. :) The day is turning up!

No comments:

Post a Comment