Today was the day my friends. Today we marched!
This morning I woke up at 7:40-ish and was rushed getting ready for band. We made it out the door in time and considering the fact that there is road work right in front of our house we were a bit behind schedule, but we had to wait until the end of the line of cars going in our direction has passed and we pulled onto the motorway. After we were a little way down the road these two trucks appeared from NOWHERE and were swerving back and forth trying to pass a line of about 10 cars!! You could even tell it in their eyes that they were considering passing on the right side of the road. How dangerous!! Once they had passed us, illegally no less, and they had to squeeeeeze into a space between cars where there was absolutely no room for ONE car nonetheless TWO!!!!! They were being so inconsiderate of the other drivers! They finally made it passed the entire line and sped away, without injury.
We arrived at the band hall and played two marches and listened to our pop tunes. After band I pulled out my phone to see that I had received a message from Kylie! It read: remember that time you were telling me that corp band was stupid and a waste of time? Well, I believe you now. Now being a person that comes from a military band, corp bands are just that: stupid and a waste of time. It seems to be that the school in North Carolina that Kylie moved to has a band program that marches corp style. Poor Kylie.
Thomas and I proceeded home and I had a lunch of chicken taquitoes and watched Kill Bill Vol. 2. Thomas has a recent fascination with Quentin Tarantino so we have been watching his movies for the past week. On Sunday we watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 and of course today, Vol. 2! Then I drifted off into a nice little nap. :)
Thomas, being a section leader, had to get to the band hall half an hour earlier than the non-section leaders to go over marching fundamentals, and me, being the younger sister of a section leader, had to sit around for half an hour. Then band began. We went over pop tunes and then MARCHED! Sorta... We did fundamentals i. e. attention, right and left faces, and forward march. It wasn't quite marching but it marked the beginning of the long treacherous afternoons in the heat.
Now that you've wasted time reading about my day, I hope you enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment