...but almost 3 years after my mom's death, we have eaten dinner at our own table a total of maybe 5 times. Maybe. I hate this fact.
Tonight I made something happen. I MADE dinner not just stuff from a box, or from a can, or frozen that you can just heat, but real food that requires more than putting pre-made food in a skillet and on the stove, that you stir occasionally. I made Italian casserole, with spinach, corn, and cheesy garlic bread. And the greatest feat of all: I took the food to the dinner table. Of course, with boys being boys, they were led to the food and followed it into the dining room where they sat and ate.
In response, I ask myself. Is this the key? Lead them where I want by the prompting of food? It seems to have worked at least once. We'll see... Maybe I can duplicate the results. I'll be sure to keep you updated.
Good for you! We have been eating in our dining room, since the kitchen table is taken up with the Snowman Christmas display- I KNOW it's well after Christmas. My point is, we never eat in the dining room, because we're just not in the habit, but now we have to!
ReplyDeleteGood steps forward, and congrats on cooking a big meal!
Maybe one day, we will even use our good china!!!
P.S. love your blogs!
ReplyDeleteMy comment is "anonymous" because I have trouble getting the other Profiles to work.
Aunt Annie (and I was just making fun today of how "old people" sign their comments!)
Haha! That's ok! I was wondering who it was at first. I guess I forgot to mention it in the post but I also got out my mom's wedding china. (the Desert Rose plates)
ReplyDelete