Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have been remiss

I know, I know. It's been awhile since I've posted. Who knew life was so busy for a kid in high school?? Where to begin? Ooh! I know.

The reason I haven't posted when I'm not busy is because I have nothing to report of importance and all you get are gems like these:

"Jewism. HAHAHAHAHAHA! What?"
"But I don't understand how popcorn can taste like corn! Oh, wait. It's POPPED CORN!!"

And when I have news to report, I am too busy to do anything about it!

So here, to recap since Wednesday, We did lost of meaningless testing that basically wasted the whole entire world's time on Thursday and Friday. On Friday however, one of my friends had a seizure in band and it was the scariest thing ever! She was the only person who had an actual chance of making State and she couldn't even go! Which brings me to my next point...

AREA tryouts were on Saturday and our entire band did... How do you say it? umm... awful. Yeah, awful. we took last in every division except for 2 and in those 2 we took next to last, and in the other sections we basically stacked up from the bottom. Needless to say, no one made State. The Glad Side of this is that we played the best game ever of  "Do You Love Your Neighbor?"!!** We even got other schools to join us! We had about half of a huuuuge room covered by our circle. It was so much fun :)

Did I mention yet that this weekend was uber busy with things that weren't homework on top of the fact that I had loads of homework? Yeah, it wasn't good.

So, on Sunday I went to my grandmother's church in Hicksville, USA but it was a good sermon so I suppose I can't really complain. I also drove in the pouring rain going 70 on a twisty turn-y highway the whole way there. Yeah, I have those skills. Be jealous. And afterwards we went to my aunt's house and had a second Christmas for my cousin Angela who had to work on the first one.

Sunday night was crazy too because i had to do my oral presentation. But, being me I feel asleep and woke up around 11pm and then had to start! Eek! Well, I researched my presentation, wrote my presentation, and memorised my presentation in count 'em 4 hours!!! Yes. It is true. Once again, be jealous of those made skillz.

The next morning as I was presenting my Oral Presentation about the Reformation the bell rang about 4 minutes in and I had planned to use my whole 7 minutes!! I got nervous, said "Umm" once because of it and made a 99!!! Woooot!  I feel accomplished. :) Also yesterday I was at Java Jacks from 5:30 to 9:55 working on midterm review for Mrs. Christian with 3 friends and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Aaaand we got all kinds of work done. Once again, be jealous of those mad skillz.

And today, we are finally here. Today was just bland. We took a TAKS ELA Release test. And it was what is sounds like. Tonight I have a lesson and am going to eat some pasta for dinner. Yes.

2011 is starting out on a high note. Like everything, it must fall, but I ask that it doesn't fall hard and very far. :)


** Do You Love Your Neighbor is a game where a bunch of people sit in a circle (in chairs) and someone is standing in the middle and they are supposed to walk up to one of the people sitting and ask them if they love their neighbors. If they say no, their neighbors have to get up and find another seat( just not the one they were sitting in) and the person standing tries to take one of their chairs. If they say yes they have to add on something else like "but I don't like anyone with glasses." So everyone with glasses has to stand up and go find another seat. Get the jist? no? Too bad. I can't explain it any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment